Location DetailsGlobal Knowledge
31st Floor - 2 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
The FileMaker Training Series: Advanced is for intermediate to advanced FileMaker developers, but anyone who creates FileMaker databases can increase their knowledge from this series. It also serves as a stepping-stone to becoming a FileMaker Certified Developer.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe your real-world information in terms of Files, tables, fields, and relationships in a relational database system.
- Use more advanced FileMaker Pro layout features to improve the design, efficiency, and user-friendliness of your database solutions.
- Define calculations to manipulate your FileMaker Pro data in a variety of ways.
- Understand the organization and use of FileMaker Pro’s built-in functions.
- Add powerful and useful automation features to your FileMaker Pro solutions.
- Generate simple and advanced summary reports of your FileMaker Pro data.
- Better understand how to use FileMaker Pro’s functions.
Who should take this class?
- Familiar and comfortable with FileMaker Pro.
- Interested in learning FileMaker Pro and creating simple databases for their own or business use.
- Planning to take the FileMaker certification exam.
- Familiar with older versions for FileMaker Pro but not familiar with recent releases.
- Interested in becoming a FileMaker Pro power user.
- Recently starting a job that requires understand of FileMaker Pro.
What you will Learn
- About planning, creating and deploying successful solutions on the FileMaker Platform.
- FileMaker Pro data tables and fields
- How to construct different types of data relationships, ensure data integrity, and implement multiple-table solutions
- Important topics such as data types and options for auto-entry, validation, field storage and indexing.
- How to manage images and other objects in container fields.
- Working efficiently and effectively with layouts (mobile, desktop, web).
- About creating a great user experience.
- Functions including the most used and custom functions.
- New functionality in FileMaker Pro for accessing metadata stored with container field data.
- Scripting tools that make it easier to write and troubleshoot scripts, as well as best practices for writing scripts, and scripting for the mobile user.
- How to build navigation and window controls, create custom menus, and study logical branching and looping routines.
- Reporting including types of reports, ExecuteSQL function, sort, find, and aggregate data.
- About security controls in FileMaker Pro and their relevance to FileMaker Go, FileMaker WebDirect, and Custom Web Publishing.
- Encryption of FileMaker files, Controlling access to systems, and about extended security features.
- How to deploy a FileMaker solution including WebDirect and FileMaker Go.
- Installation and configuring FileMaker Server.
- How to integrate FileMaker Pro with SQL systems.
- About the integration of FileMaker with web services which opens up a wealth of possibilities for your FileMaker solutions.
Each student requires the FileMaker Training Series Manual. This manual is available as a downloadable ebook ($19.99).
If you are bringing your own laptop then a copy of FileMaker Pro must already be installed on it.
This is a 3 day class
*Note – This class has a minimum enrollment requirement.