Location DetailsGlobal Knowledge
31st Floor - 2 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of FileMaker Pro. You will learn the basic skills necessary to help you use FileMaker Pro effectively and the foundation skills necessary if you wish to develop your own simple database solutions.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Comfortably navigate around the FileMaker Pro interface and create simple databases for your own personal or business use.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar and comfortable with Windows or Mac OSX.
- Interested in learning the basics of FileMaker Pro and create simple databases for their own or business use.
- A FileMaker user looking for a refresher on the FileMaker Basics.
- Familiar with older versions for FileMaker Pro but not familiar with recent releases.
What you will learn
This course will teach you:
- How to open, create and close a file.
- The FileMaker interface and how to operate the menu commands.
- Create, edit and delete records.
- Find, sort, print, preview, import and export data.
- Viewing and working with data
- Save data in Excel and PDF formats.
- Using and deploying FileMaker Starter Solutions.
- Layouts and layout objects.
- User interface design.
- Calculations & scripting.
- Security & Deploying FileMaker Pro.
Each student requires the FileMaker Training Series Manual – Basics. This manual is available as a free download.
If you are bringing your own laptop then a copy of FileMaker Pro 13 must already be installed on it.
This is a 2 day class
*Note – This class has a minimum enrollment requirement.