Script Triggers allow FileMaker Pro solutions to respond to a variety of events such as entering/exiting a field, changing records, and navigating between layouts. This course presents the fundamental tools and techniques of the FileMaker Pro script triggering system.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Make your FileMaker solutions more responsive, efficient, and user-friendly using Script Triggers.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is an Intermediate to Advanced FileMaker User.
The FileMaker Exposed! series of online courses are directed towards students with some development experience in FileMaker.
What you will Learn
This course will teach you:
- About all object- and layout-level Script Triggers.
- The order of occurrence of Script Triggers.
- About Script Triggers and the Web.
- Practical uses of Script Triggers, including:
- ‘As-You-Type Portal Filtering’
- ‘Preventing Committing of Records’
- ‘Layout Switching Based on Record Type’
Each student receives a PDF of the slideshow that summarizes the training, and a copy of the exercises used during the class.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than
using a microphone.