This course provides a foundation for using the FileMaker Pro calculation engine. In addition to learning the tools and techniques required to build calculations in a variety of situations, trainees are introduced to many of the most useful, popular, and powerful functions built in to FileMaker Pro.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Define calculations to manipulate your FileMaker Pro data in a variety of ways.
- Understand the organization and use of FileMaker Pro’s built-in functions.
- Use calculations and their settings to improve the user-friendliness and performance of your database solutions.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar with the basics of FileMaker Pro and has developed a few databases on their own.
- Comfortable with FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker Certified Developer
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Create calculation fields in FileMaker Pro.
- Understand some of most common and useful FileMaker Pro number, text, and date/time functions.
- Use calculations functions in a variety of practical contexts, including data auto-entry, field validation, and portal filtering.
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability