This course provides the foundation for a good understanding of how to store information using a relational database. The theories and techniques learned — which are used by all
relational database systems, not just FileMaker Pro — allow you to leverage the power of the connections between pieces of data.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe your real-world information in terms of files, tables, fields, and relationships in a relational database system.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar and comfortable with the basics of FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker Certified Developer.
- Interested in becoming a developer on any relational database platform.
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Break a real-world scenario into a set of entities and their attributes.
- Describe what relationships are, and how they connect disparate pieces of data.
- Identify cases where one-to-many or many-to-many relationships are appropriate.
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability