This course builds on relational modelling fundamentals by considering more complex data models and relationship types, and demonstrating how to describe them in relational database and graphical/visual formats. Trainees are also introduced to the tools and techniques of building data schemas in FileMaker Pro.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Translate your real-world data into an effective relational database model.
- Present your data model in a visually effective manner suitable for presentation.
- Create FileMaker Pro schemas for your information.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar with the basics of FileMaker Pro and has developed a few databases on their own.
- Comfortable with FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker 12 Certified Developer.
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Compare and contrast different data models for the same information.
- Create relationships between FileMaker Pro tables.
- Use FileMaker Pro relationship options.
- View and manage related FileMaker Pro data via fields and portals.
- Create an entity-relationship diagram (ERD).
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
$149.00 CAD + applicable taxes
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability