Become familiar with the FileMaker Go application environment for iPhone and iPad. Examine the functionality offered to you through the menu commands, and learn the differences between FileMaker Go and FileMaker Pro. Understand tools and behaviors to start you on your way to building solid and stable mobile applications for the iPhone and iPad.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Work with data while in FileMaker Go.
- Design layouts optimized for FileMaker Go.
- Import data from a mobile device to a local database.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar with the basics of FileMaker Pro and has developed a few databases on their own.
- Comfortable with FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker Certified Developer
What you will Learn
This course will teach you to:
- Know how to transfer, open, and close a file.
- Understand and be familiar with the menu commands.
- Know how to create, edit, and delete records.
- Be able to perform finds and sort data.
- Understand suspend/resume behavior.
- Be adept at the design and use of layouts optimized for FileMaker Go.
- Understand a technique for detecting a platform.
- Be familiar with a technique for importing data to a local database
- Understand a technique for transactional processing of record creation.
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase. You should also have access to FileMaker Go on the iPhone or iPad.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability