This course provides a foundation for using the FileMaker Pro scripting (automation) environment. In addition to learning the tools and techniques required to build scripts and employ them in a variety of situations, trainees are introduced to many of the most useful, popular, and powerful actions built into FileMaker Pro.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Add powerful and useful automation features to your FileMaker Pro solutions.
- Program FileMaker scripts to be triggered by a variety of events.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar with the basics of FileMaker Pro and has developed a few databases on their own.
- Comfortable with FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker Certified Developer.
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Create scripts that interact with users, perform finds, and manipulate data.
- Attach scripts to buttons.
- Set up layout- and object-level script triggers.
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability