This course dives deeper into the automation features of FileMaker Pro’s scripting environment. A variety of techniques are taught, including recursion (looping), multiple PDF
generation, and enhanced window management.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Build more powerful and flexible FileMaker Pro scripts.
- Build looping scripts, to perform a certain activity numerous times.
- Improve the look-and-feel of your FileMaker Pro solutions using multiple windows.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar and comfortable with FileMaker Pro scripting, and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker Certified Developer.
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Use the Script Debugger and Data Viewer to troubleshoot scripts.
- Add error trapping routines to scripts.
- Use script parameters, script results, and script variables.
- Create scripted routines for generating related records.
- Use loops to perform iterative tasks.Training Materials
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability