This course is the first in a series providing an in-depth examination of the powerful FileMaker Pro layout engine. Instruction is given in layout management, object design and manipulation, advanced field settings, and special-purpose layout objects.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Effectively manage the various views of your FileMaker Pro data.
- Quickly and easily manipulate FileMaker Pro layout objects.
- Improve the design, efficiency, and user-friendliness of your database.
Who should take this class?
This course is suitable for anyone who is:
- Familiar with the basics of FileMaker Pro and has developed a few databases on their own.
- Comfortable with FileMaker Pro and wants to advance their skills.
- Planning to become a FileMaker 12 Certified Developer
What you will Learn
This course will teach you how to:
- Create and organize layouts using the Layout Setup and Manage Layout dialogs.
- Adeptly add, select, modify, and format layout objects.
- Change a field’s control style.
- Create and apply static, dynamic, and relational value lists.
- Work with tab controls, portals, and web viewers.
Each student must have the FileMaker Training Series Manual to help you master the essentials of FileMaker Pro solution development. The FileMaker Training Series Manual is available through FileMaker Inc. or through CoreSolutions Software and is used for all Training Series classes. The training manual is a one-time purchase.
A headset with earpiece and microphone is highly recommended for the session. If one is not available, users can simply ask questions by typing them to the instructor rather than using a microphone.
$149.00 CAD + applicable taxes
*Note – FileMaker Training Series Manual is required. This class has a minimum enrollment requirement. Subject to Trainer Availability